Changes: Sim Layout, City-States, RPCSS Factions, and Storyline. Read More
From The Citadel
Applications are optional. The Comraich application process was far too complicated and time-consuming for both players and staff. We hope that the new fiction which is inherently more adaptable to cultural shifts will eliminate the need for race/kingdom/city-state/culture gatekeeping.
We have created a #character-bio-feedback channel in discord for those who would like to receive feedback on their character backstory. Simply join discord, and find the right channel, where you can link a comments only google document for others to give feedback on.
- How To
Prepare your document in Google Docs. When you are done and ready to share:
- Click on the blue share button in the upper right corner.
- Then click on the "Change to anyone link".
- Set the lower right corner option to "Commenter", then click "Copy Link" and finally "Done". Image Link
- Paste the link in the #character-bio-feedback with an introduction.
This is community feed back, not STAFF feed back. Please be patient with all levels of bios and bio commentary.
- What do you need to answer
- In creating your backstory, the main goal is to answer why is your character in Arcovia and why are they working as a spy or member of the diplomatic core. Keep your eye on this goal and you will likely craft a viable character for the sim plot lines.
- We reserve the right
- We strongly encourage everyone to share a bio and get some feed back. This is not an anything goes fiction. We simple feel that an experienced role-player can read the lore and craft a suitable character. If at any point staff feel that you are off page they have the right to request that you write a backstory for review and discussion.
- Stay away from my canon
- You are welcome to write yourself as a distant relative of one of the NPCs, or create names for obscure towns on the map. But you can not write a back story that impacts canon, or requires someone else to know your backstory when writing their own. I am not going to keep track of hundreds of backstories, nor am I going to ask future players to navigate other players' backstories. Stay in your own lane.
- See Also