Changes: Sim Layout, City-States, RPCSS Factions, and Storyline. Read More
From The Citadel
We are pleased to inform you that you have been promoted to your chosen position within the city's small council agents. Your predecessor has not be heard from in more then a week and is assumed to be missing, dead or on the side of the road in a drunken stupor. But not to worry, his misfortune is your gain! As we say in the diplomatic core - the information must flow. We need you to send instructions to the small council immediately, there is little time to waste if we are to stay ahead of our enemies.
I've enclosed some information regarding your position. Good Luck and do not fail us!
What to do in case of promotion
- Wait? What? No.
You should be seeing this screen if you did not enable the "Do not promote me" on the profile screen in RPCSS. If after reading this you do not wish the job you simply need to do nothing and the promotion will go to the next in line. We of course hope you will play with us -- the system is quite simple to use after the first week or so, and takes only 5 minutes of your time a week.
- Okay, Sure! Lets try this.
Excellent, here are a few things you need to know:
- Grab a Towel.
- The first thing you should do, if you want to keep the position is go to the role you were promoted to and press the pass button. This tells the system you are active and want to keep the job but either don't know your moves yet, or don't have any moves for the week.
- Go to the faction screen of RPCSS and look for the other people who are in the other head agent positions and contact them to schedule some role-play. You will most especially want to talk to the Head Diplomat who should know what orders need to be submitted right away. All of the roles must work together for a faction to be sucessful.
- If you have not already, begin to familiarize yourself with what has happened in the faction. Check the News and Rumors page here on the wiki, as well as the Messages in RPCSS.
- The manual is available to help you, along with an #RPCSS-help channel in discord. Protect yourself from metagaming and do not share the details of your faction with anyone other then your own faction or staff.
- There is a #IC-leads channel in Discord where you can receive directed announcements and support. To join, go to the #request-tag channel and check the crown reaction.
- Additional suggestions can be found on the Head Agent Role (RPCSS) page.
- What is RPCSS again?
RPCSS also known as Role Play Conquest Simulation System is a supplemental mini-game that allows player agents to send orders back to their city's small council. These orders include alliance requests with other city-states, the deployment of troops, orders to muster more forces, commands to support other armies, instructions to defend a location (called a hexacre), orders to occupy a new hexacre, to allocate funds to increase court influence, establish trade agreements, build up resources, spy on your enemies or even to spy on your allies.
In true effect, you are more valuable then the small council back at home -- because YOU are in the hot seat where all the information is available. It is your orders that are followed, and it is your job to give that best instructins you can. The purpose of RPCSS is to drive role-play quickly and efficently based on the actions of yourself, your team and all the other teams.